* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup flour (gluten free if that's your style. I use Better Batter)
* 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella!!!)
Step by Step
1. Preheat oven to 350°. While the original recipe calls for buttering the muffin tins, which reduces the paper spent on muffin liners, my first batch totally stuck to the pan, so I'd use the muffin liners or the reusable silicon liners if you have them.
2. Microwave 1/2 cup butter in a heatproof bowl to melt. Add chocolate, stirring until melted, then add sugar and cocoa and stir to blend. Whisk in eggs, vanilla, and salt. Add flour and stir until smooth. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
3. Using a small spoon, scoop out nutella from the jar, about 1/2 to 2/3 of the spoon full. Sunset calls for 1 tbsp. of chocolate hazelnut spread, but I think that might be a bit much. You decide. Push the nutella off the spoon with your finger into the center of the batter in each one. For one batch I was able to make 10.
4. Bake until a toothpick inserted into brownie part comes out with just a few moist crumbs, 20 to 24 minutes. Let cool on a rack about 10 minutes. Then remove brownies from pan and let cool completely.