I'm not much of a make up person. I'll put mascara on if we're going out at night, but that's about as far as I go. Still I love the idea of make up and cute bags and little cases - especially vintage compacts, but I don't need one for foundation. However, turning one into a solid perfume carrying case, is right up my alley. The original idea came from Danny Seo's book, Simply Green Parties, by way of Planet Green. It's a super simple DIY project that would make an awesome gift.
What You Need
- Used makeup compacts, thoroughly cleaned
- 1/4 cup of solid beeswax
- 3 tbs jojoba oil
- Approximately 60 drops of essential oil - lavender, chamomile, rose, or any combination
- Pyrex measuring cup
Step By Step
- Put the beeswax in the pyrex measuring cup and melt in the microwave until just melted. Probably less than a minute.
- Add the jojoba oil to the melted beeswax, which will keep the perfume from going rancid.
- Add the essential oil. Can mix and match.
- Stir the mixture and then pour into the compact. Let completely dry.
- To use, dab fingers over wax and apply wear you normally apply perfume.
photos courtesy of Esty sellers Judy Go Vintage & The Way We Wore